no writer

I am no writer, but a great feeler,,, I say so because everything I write does come straight from my heart.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Mama's Love



this is not just a famous brand name for a baby powder or cotton


my Mama's love is also an everyday manifestation of God's love for me


I will tell you why and how...


When I need someone who'll listen to me, she's there, ready and willing, no comments, just listening!


When I'm mad and frustrated about the rotten system of this world, she's there, still, just listening.




Talk about lessons and values in life:


forgiveness, respect and service? I couldn't have learned this anywhere but in my Mama's school of love.


She has modeled forgiveness to me and her personal demonstration on how she forgave herself for past mistakes, her family and my dear Papa is just so inspiring.


As for respect, she has taught me to greet everyone I meet anytime of the day. This, I admit I haven't strictly followed and practiced in my life.


My Mama is the mama for all seasons. She offers a daily dose of service to everyone around her and that includes our family, church and community.  No wonder everyone calls her, "Mama Lyn"!



She is sweet, selfless and hilarious.


Talk about technology?


Shes's learning, that's what she'll tell you.


Prayer Life?


Maybe that's why I am what I am now. My Mama is always on her knees praying for me, my Papa and my brothers. She loves God. She loves to pray. She loves people. She loves my Papa so much and I know she loves me and my brothers so, so dearly.


Once, when asked during a job interview about the person I want to be like in this lifetime, I replied, " My Mama!" I don't know why I said that because there is nothing interestingly and particularly perfect about her but there is something deep inside her that makes me want to be like her.


my family


I had been wanting to write this piece of work and I will make sure she reads this. After all, this is for her.
I love my Mama and my Mama loves me with all her hearts. She loves me with her hearts of care, laughter, pride, sorrow and peace.


And there's not a day in this life that my heart forgets to joyfully cry out, " Thank you God for Moms and thank you for my Mama Lyn!"

No comments:

Post a Comment