no writer

I am no writer, but a great feeler,,, I say so because everything I write does come straight from my heart.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hunger Games

I love this habit of writing my heart out before working on something important. I am down to 3 more narrative reports for my Kinder class but  I just wanna pause and blog for a while. 


Happy Hunger Games! Thanks to my dearest best friend who introduced me to this story that's now a major motion picture and did hit box office on it's first few days. I really found the movie incredibly amazing. Maybe because I haven't seen such a good movie for a long time.


I am also presently reading the first installment of this trilogy. Over the weekend, I have a read a number of reviews about this movie. I don't think it's becoming over-rated like that of "Magnum" ice cream bar because there is really something about this movie. 


One review said it was crafted in  a very superior way that it's not worth comparing to "Twilight" and "Harry Potter". I say, superior indeed. Female superiority is what the movie is all about. I got so intrigued that I had to research on the author's life. I wonder if she led some feminist group before she wrote this movie or had a past that compelled her to write a somewhat cruel, violent but mind-changing, thrill-arousing and very thought-provoking movie.


To my surprise, I found out that Collins used to be a writer for children's television shows. She has a husband, two kids and two cats. Now, her book Hunger Games is significantly very popular!


A movie is worth five stars for me if they help you  forget-about-something or get-over-someone or inspire you to give your best on what your'e doing. Hungry Games did that for me.


LOST in LOVE


I think Katniss and Peeta are cool. They changed the way a love story should be. Katniss (female tribute) is the knight in her shining armor while Peeta(male tribute) was the sweety damsel in distress. A female lead character finally possessed a love-life. This is the movie I have been waiting for!  I have dreaded movies with male superhero characters that tag along their female love interests while female heroes aren't allowed to pursue their men. (should write more about this next time)


Why Hunger Games?


I'm in for the games and in for the hunger. People are hungry, not just for good movies. They are hungry for attention, for acceptance and recognition. Hungry for truth, justice, love and peace. Well, I am hungry for change, for challenges, for an adventure that will drive me crazy! Look around you and you'll see human beings hungry for food, water , shelter. 


This hunger is awesome because this hunger can be a very important "salvation" tool. This hunger can lead and bring us a huge wave of souls to Christ. Only Jesus can fill and satisfy all these HUNGER GAMES going on around our communities, churches, families, cities, nation and individual lives.

Hungry?
 No need to play the game!
 Come as you are to Christ! 
There's no use if the whole world is watching,
 God is watching! 
He sees everything!

I know he sees me and 
he sees you!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, quite a powerful post! I can feel the intensity of the...{narratives}, Teach!:) just kidding. Seriously, this is one intense post especially the part about the girl power.

    What struck me with all these tweets and posts about Hunger Games is the thought and the desire that a book that leads people to Jesus would be written that would make an impact just as Hunger Games did.

    I haven't finished the book yet but I can see why its fans are hooked. It's almost a week since I watched the movie and I still can't get it off my mind. hahaha! I love Gale! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. feel the exciting ending, hahaha 15 days to go!

    I love Peeta! I'm glad I'm over Twilight now. Thanks to Hunger Games!

    And Hurray to our Jesus!who meets us anywhere in this life, in movies and blog sites.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The movie was awesome! I really really like it, it was different. I didn't even it was from a novel series. Now, it makes me want to go and get it. :) I do agree with Yen, you do have deeper thoughts into this, its quite interesting! Love the post.

    ReplyDelete