no writer

I am no writer, but a great feeler,,, I say so because everything I write does come straight from my heart.

Friday, March 16, 2012

Happy Feet

Other titles I could have otherwise used for this post: Do the Tap Dance, Dancin' Under Pressure or Change the World Dancing


Just before I get into "busyness", I want to share my heart and my thoughts off the cutest penguin movie ever, Happy Feet 2!


Mumble and Gloria's love birthed the most adorable penguin, Erik! 
Erik thought he was different,misunderstood and laughed at. He was in search for something, for meaning. He was hungry to see change and to bring change. He wanted to run away and leave Emperor-Land.


Erik meets Sven and learned the "Sven Think" principle.


"If you want it, you must will it,
If you will it, it will be yours."

Erik instantly grew fond of Sven. He became enamored by his ability to fly. Penguins from Adelie-land called him Mighty Sven. Then, at the later part of the movie, you'll find out he was not  a penguin after all because penguins can't fly and they just don't fly.


Then we meet Bill and Will, two little krills who have been swarming all their lives. They too were in search and hungry for something new!


There have been so many things written about Ramon so I don't want to talk about him anymore. This sweet line will do:


"As long as we're together we're already home."




My Dug Down Deep Reflections:


It was amazing how dancing changed the entire course of the whole penguin nation. I was crying in the last 5 minutes of the movie. I thought about my dear Philippines and I felt sooooo sad but at the same time encouraged that something can really be done and change is really possible for my very own nation. This is the very reason why I am leaving the preschool classroom. After 8 years of teaching, I have decided to temporarily give up teaching kids as my work but it will still be my ministry.(meaning I won't be in  a preschool but will still be in Sunday school and outreaches)


"One little krill can change the world."  Either Will or Bill said this line. Just looking at its size and what it can do seems totally impossible but yes, those little krills, working together, dancing together played a major part in breaking the ice berg. This tells me, that anyone can help change this world. One little you or one little me, better yet, a little "us".




 Because the world is changing, we must get on for the ride. I'm not sure if I got it right but it sure makes sense. Bill and Will added, it's either we "adapt or die". Things are changing, times are changing and people SHOULD start changing. 


"When things go wrong, running away is not the answer." So many things are wrong in this country. It's been 28 years. I have seen it and I decided to never leave the Philippines. I can go out to travel for fun and pleasure but not to work and earn more money. I have been in my church for  almost 18 years now. I have been tempted to run away for so many times but I'm still there. When it comes to work, I don't run away, I just find something better. A better place for me to grow and to promote my Master.


Every step counts. These are just powerful words for me. No matter how small the steps that have been taken just yet, it counts. And steps that are ordered and ordained by a sovereign and loving God will surely be brought to completion, ready to proclaim his glory. 


It wasn't just an ordinary feel good movie. There's a lot more to Happy Feet 2 than just singing and dancing. It kind of covered everything I learned for the whole semester in my Organizational Behavior and Development class.


Teamwork, How to Handle Stress and Conflict, Power, Decision Making and Change!  


So with all my deadlines pressing on me, I say,

NO WORRIES!




P.S. plus such a fantastic soundtrack! I love Pink's "Bridge of Light".

No comments:

Post a Comment