no writer

I am no writer, but a great feeler,,, I say so because everything I write does come straight from my heart.

Friday, October 14, 2011

oh, the joys of teaching

Whoa!!! this had been a splendid week,,,and oh it's all about my joys, and the joys of the calling and ministry I have. Teaching, again, had been the longeeest relationship I have kept so far aside from being with my family for 27 years now. This calling had made me a better person in soooo many ways, has made me feel like a celebrity in my own right, and has taught me most of life's lessons through the kids I spend time with everyday. But the nice thing about it is that your influence does not just stop inside the four walls of your classroom, it expands, it enlarges even unto the families and especially the parents of your students.

Last Thursday afternoon, I passed by one of my students houses at St. Michael's Village. Her Mom saw me and she instantly invited me in, offered me a very sweet drink and we started chatting. It was a wonderful feeling because it was as if they had already known me for a long time. Also, it was amazing because they  aren't Filipinos but showed me such a genuine hospitality.

Missed calls? I have been getting them lately and every time I check my phone, it is from a parent in school. When I send a message to ask about any concern, the reply I get is, " Oh, it's just my daughter(referring to my student) who wants to say hi because maybe she misses Teacher over the weekend! Awwww! That's really sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment