no writer

I am no writer, but a great feeler,,, I say so because everything I write does come straight from my heart.

Friday, June 17, 2011

SOLOtude

I am not  a loner. Proof to that is the very big family I have, with more than 10 younger cousins in both my maternal and paternal families. I have lots of friends too  with such varied age groups.I go out with children, teenagers, girls, ladies, mothers, single and not so old women and  even widows. I also have a best friend.  But despite these relationships, there is that little voice inside me that always longs for "just me" moments.
Just me and myself,
 just me and my books,
 just me in my room,
 just me and my Jesus.
These times are the most peaceful, most comfortable times in my life. The most beautiful mornings and the most romantic evenings I can ever imagine.
A week ago, this was exactly what I got. My best friend went home to her province, I was back at work and I had to be in the city, far from home. I was left alone in our boarding house.And during this time, I felt different. I was still happy and peaceful but there were other thoughts in mind.
Do I want to just live my life alone  until I'm older?
Would I settle with someone else?
What if this was also God's calling for me?
When I come to God with questions right after I've flooded my bed with tears, he always gives me answers.
He perfectly and amazingly answers me through his word.
I'm 27 and is still too young to think about these things. (Now I hear myself laughing from deep inside)
I am with kids everyday and I feel younger and younger each day I'm with them. Well, that's not what God is telling me. He simply just had to remind me to W and E. Wait and enjoy. Who says there's nothing good about waiting? A lot of things happen when we wait. (Next week, I will share the letter I wrote about waiting...)

No comments:

Post a Comment